Monday, August 24, 2009

Cards and Wall Art.

Well I decided last night to create a Halloween Card for my friend Tammy who loves Halloween as much as I do. I don't normally do the whole Halloween card thing, but I found a cute template at http://www.papercraftmag.com/ and thought, What the Heck. It was simple yet allowed for my own twist to the card.
This is the front of the card. I used my Silhouette to cut the Ghosts, scalloped circle and Circle out.


The inside of the card is a template that you can download for free from Papercraftmag.com. I just printed it out in the size I I needed then cut it out using a pair of scissors.

Patterened Paper: DCWV Fall Stack 2008, Black Cardstock: Cored'nation Hocus Pocus Collection, White Cardstock:Georgia Pacific, nailheads:unknown, Ribbon:Unknown, Orange Glitter: Doodlebug, Lily White Glitter: Doodlebug, Onyx Glitter: Martha Stewart, Peridot Glitter: Martha Stewart, Black Gold Glimmer Mist:Tattered Angels, Scalloped Circle, Ghosts, Circle: QK Silhoutte Files, "Happy Halloween" Spellbound Sticker:Making Memories.This was my other project I worked on last week. I took the plunge and decided to put some vinyl wall art on my scraproom wall. Now I love fairies and QK came out with some awesome files in the past few weeks. The Phrase was one that they had put out earlier in the year for the Silhouette and then the Fairies and Mushrooms came a little later. I decided to combine the 3 and create my wall art. This is how it looks cut out with the vinyl. I felt it was a little too plain so I decided to spruce it up a bit with some color. This is the final result...

Well Allie goes back to school in a few days so I am hoping to get some scrapping started. I have a lot of pictures to scrap or at least attempt to scrap. I am enjoyin gthe card making, so I may even start Christmas Cards and hand make them this year. I would think they would be quick and easy this year with all the files that QK is putting out and all of the Card templates that you can find online, I think I could do these in no time. Well Have a good day and I will hopefully have more to post on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment