Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Scrapping Retreat!!

Well I have never gone anywhere for an extended crop. Most times it is just to a friends house for a few hours or the local scrapbook store, but this year in March I am heading to Amish Country for an entire weekend of scrapping and relaxation. Della from work wanted to go but someone canceled and she didn't want to spend the money to go alone, so I asked her if it would be ok if I went in the ladies place, and she was exstatic!! Her?! I was overjoyed. An entire weekend to scrap and create. No kids, chores, cooking, laundry, nothing, just me and a group of ladies doing what we love. Ok so now that I am planning on going and DH said he didn't care, and I made arrangements for Allie for the weekend of the crop, the hard part is before me. I haven't left my house to scrap anywhere in about 4 years, so what do I do. Luckily I bought a new tote about 2 years ago, and it was just being used for scrap paper storage, so I just had to clean it out. That was easy. But still the hard part is ahead of me. I have to make an entire scraproom fit into a rolling tote. Ok not all of the stuff is necessary, but since I am not sure if I will have time to plan any layouts ahead of time, and actually I stopped planning layouts several months ago, and I just wander around my scraproom throwing whatever catches my eye onto a layout. This could be a problem for me. I have to condense everything into one bag with a tool tote. So today, yes I know the retreat isn't until the 20th of March, I began to plan what I would do with my embellies. I took a tackle box type container that has several compartments in it, and some very tiny baggies, and I began to fill the baggies with individual colors, and styles. I have baggies for each color of brads, and then one of the same color for eyelets, snaps, anchors, etc. Those wnet into the compartments in the box. Then I filled up several prima jars of buttons and primas. This way I have a wide variey of embellies. I am also taking a baggie full of various ribbons. I can still use these to scrap, but they are packed, and give me an idea of how much room I have for my Silhouette and my paper and cardstock. Yes I am taking my Silhouette and laptop. I rarely if ever create a layout that doesn't use the cutter. So I think I have an idea of how to transport my embellies and how much room it will take up in my tote, but I still have to figure out what I am going to do with my cardstock. I have a creative memories back that I can take my pp in, but my cardstock is in iris carts. So do I combine the CS into one container and see ifit will fit into my tote, or do I try and narrow my cs choices down. I would jsut hate to be at the crop and not have access to cs that I need. I know the hostess sells creative memories supplies, and she will have that there for purchase if needed, but I am picky about the CS and PP that I use. I try to only use textured cs such as DCWV or Bazzill. So I have a few more things to work on to get ready. I am trying to limit my baggage to one tote, one tool tote, one paper carrier, and the laptop case. Wish me luck ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment