Sunday, March 22, 2009

We are here!

We arrived in Berlin about 2:00 friday afternoon and we wandered around from store to store. This place is adorable, and really a fun place to be. There are just so many tiny shops and country stores that you can't really get to them in one day. We found a really cute shop that sold nostalgic items such as vintage Halloween objects and then old antique signs and magnets. Amy and I had a blast and she bought a lot of things. I found an Orca box with and Orca necklace inside. Will Allie be in heaven when she get that Sunday. We found a nice little scrapbook store called the Scrapbook Nook and they had BAZZILL!! Man was I excited. I spent about 12.00 there getting some Bling for my wedding layouts. Had an idea to cut the floral boutque out of the bling instead of using the very messy glitter. I did end up using it on my last layout that I created today. It was called "All about the cake", and was the pictured of the b-day cake and Allie blowing out the candles. I used lots of glitter and tried not to be messy, but in the end the glitter WON!! Oh well that's the way it is. I am anxious to get home. I am having a good time, but I am just not feeling the scrapping this weekend. I think I am feeling enclosed, limited, stunted on my creativity. Usually I have a 6 foot table all to myself, and a fully stocked and organised room to roam and do what I want. Here I have about 4 foot of space and my supplies are in a rolling tote at my feet. I have no view of the items as I am working. It makes it harder when you don't have the room to move out. I usually have tons of things pulled out and lying around on the table to test on a layout. Oh well. I did manage to get 3 wedding layouts done, one Chloe layout done and Allie's two page birthday cake layout done. I didn't accomplish nearly what I wanted, but at least I got the wedding album started. That was my big worry. I bought everything to work on it, and I am using some awesome files from Chris Durnan, and I needed to get them started and done. Amy and I had to go to Millersburg several miles down the road to get a cell phone signal so I could call my daughter and husband. We went to Walmart to pick up Amy's photos and while there I bought a really cool keychain that has the Cullen Family Crest and the name Cullen. It is a sturdy metal, and it is my compensation for not getting Twilight yesterday. I will probably get is Wednesday Night when I go to work. Right now I am listening to Reba McIntire and relaxing. I need to attach a couple photos to the cake layout and then I am done. I may go ahead and pack everything up tonight, that way I will be ready to go tomorrow. Amy and I are going to stay up for breakfast, and then sleep for a few hours. So, I doubt if I will get anything done tomorrow/today. Well I am getting off of here for now. Have a good Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time! I love getting together for crops, but it is hard not to have my whole scrap room to choose from when I am scrapping too!

    Can't wait to see the layouts you have completed!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete